Ear infections cause sharp, intense, dull, or piercing pain. You might detect them at once, or you can struggle to discover the reason why your child cries and tugs the earlobe.
Earaches are always a painful and unpleasant issue, which often makes you try all that you can find in the medicine cabinet, even antibiotics, in order to soothe the pain and discomfort.
However, you do not need to use antibiotics to alleviate an earache, as you can treat it completely naturally.
The newest guidelines from the AAP are that an earache should be treated by focusing on the pain management, instead of using antibiotics. In most cases, ear infections go away on their own, and antibiotics can lead to antibiotic-resistant infections.
The most common causes of earaches include cavities, tonsillitis, sinus infections, and teeth grinding. The most common infection is acute otitis media or AOM.
It is manifested by infections and swellings of the middle ear.
The pain is caused by the trapped fluid behind the eardrum. Its most common symptoms involve fever, slight hearing loss, earaches, or feeling sick. In the case of small children and babies, you might detect it if they are restless and pull the ear.
These are the top 5 natural remedies for earaches:
Onion is one of the most readily available home remedies for an earache. The antiseptic and antibacterial properties in onions work well in treating the problem.
- Extract one tablespoon of onion juice from grated onions and heat it over low heat. Then put 2-3 drops of the juice into affected ear 2-3 times a day.
- Crush a fresh onion and wrap it tightly in a piece of clean cloth. Hold the cloth over the infected ear for about 5 to 10 minutes. Repeat the process several times a day.
2- Hydrogen Peroxide
You should soak a cotton ball in it and add a few drops into the painful ear. This will dislodge the debris, and you can irrigate the area with warm water afterward.
3- Tea Tree Oil
The mild antibacterial properties present in tea tree oil can give instant relief from earache. To treat an ear infection, follow the steps below.
- Mix three drops of tea tree oil, two tablespoons of olive oil, a teaspoon of colloidal silver and a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Warm the mixture slightly.
- Lay on your side with your head on a towel. Using a dropper, fill your ear with the mixture and let it sit for five minutes. Then turn and lay on your other side so that the mixture drains out of your ear completely.
- Follow this remedy two to three times a day for two days.
The potent antibiotic and analgesic properties of garlic can effectively soothe the ear infection. Add a teaspoon of minced garlic to 2 tablespoons of some oil and heat the mixture. Apply 2-3 drops in the painful ear.
5- Apple Cider Vinegar
To get rid of the fungus that may be causing the ear infection, apple cider vinegar is a good option.
- Mix one part apple cider vinegar with an equal amount of water or alcohol. Soak a cotton ball in the solution.
- Put the cotton ball in your ear like a plug and leave it for about five minutes.
- Remove the cotton ball and lay down on your opposite side to drain the liquid from the ear. Use a hair dryer to dry your ear as much as possible.
Source : healthyremediesteam